Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dupatta to a Water Can Cover




Its been ages i havent written in my other two blogs Chatkhor and Cafe Talkies. Time constraints , lazyness, blah , but yes the fact remains all that iam doing is getting lost, restricting itself to my mailbox or my personal FB page, and no link back, no relink, and i cannot work quick on it again coz its a memory gone.




So here Iam , using this page as a scratchpad for all things sewing and knitting, so that its safe and intact and useful . Hope i continue. :)
I want this to be a place to display all the beauties my mother in law creates too, shes creative, works wonders with the sewing machine, but hey, where does it all go, lost! So The yarn bit, peeps, will be a contribution by Mumma.

As for sewing is concerned, as a kid i used to love making cross stich arts, had made 2 table cloths, a few handkerchiefs, but never thought i would like to pursue it as a hobby, a passion, coz as i was growing , i found it as the most time consuming , and not so satisfying a thing. I used to wonder where do these ladies get all the time and energy to put into such thing, one should go shop and buy the best fitting things, why stitch, why waste time doing it yourself. :D ... well well , i never knew i will grow up, not be a spendthrift for every petty thing, and even otherwise, there isn't everything one can buy, there are somethings you would really love creating it yourself :).... yeah the change of mind with age i guess... (Am i already sounding like a granny, 50 something... disclaimer: Iam not yet 30, well approaching :D)...

So, one day we shifted to an apartment, where we could no longer use the water straight from the tap for drinking purposes, we were still lazy to get a aquagaurd fixed, and it needs regular cleaning , who will do that :P... so we started getting these canned 20ltr bottles which suits are needs best till date. But the local vendor, has an art , to pick the W.OR.S.T looking bottles to our house, which makes my kitchen look no less than a roadside food outlet, or better, one of those Sagar restaurants... well both were not acceptable to me, my kitchen needs to look like my kitchen ! Period. I picked one of my old Dupattas, cut it into a rectangle, and round, used the braided corners of the dupatta as a decor joining the top and sides, it has a fabric fastener at the bottom, to tie it around the bottom. I hope someday i will make another, and then add more detailed instructions here. Till then. Ciao....
OH ok... one short note... before my dear Chatkhor, disowns me...

My Dear Chatkhor,

Please dont think that i have forgottten you or something, you are and will always be my first love, i will be back, sooner or later, but i will get back. Till then, ciao. You take care, i see people still referring you, and that feels good buddy, we are still remembered. Thats the beauty of the blogging world, you stay, you stay forever. :)

Yours,
Swati


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very good. Your sewing style is very good and your blog is very good. Keep sharing and posting

    ReplyDelete